Our current favorite one pan meal! This skillet chicken and potatoes is simmered in a mouth-watering white wine sauce. Plus, the smells that will fill your kitchen are unreal!
This dish is super simple to make. You just need a good 10-12 inch skillet (I love my cast iron pan for this). Everything will get cooked in this one skillet, for an incredibly easy and delish dinner!
It’s the perfect weeknight dinner- full of flavor and leaves your house smelling like heaven!
Be sure to read the notes in the directions, as I’ve given some dairy free alternatives! I’m personally not intolerant to dairy, and I love this with the butter and cream as is (plus, it’s a small amount). But, if you need some substitutions then I’ve got you covered!
I cannot wait for you guys to make this one! It’s truly so delicious. Enjoy and let me know if you give this one a try! xxPrint
Delicious white wine skillet chicken, potatoes, and carrots!
- Olive oil, for the pan
- 4–6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp butter (vegan butter for dairy free)
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 6 small-medium yellow or red potatoes (this was just under 1 lb for me), cubed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup veggie or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (for dairy free, sub a PLAIN unsweetened dairy free creamer)
- 1 tbsp tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4–5 sprigs of fresh thyme, stems removed
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Season the chicken thighs well with salt and pepper. Heat a 10-12 inch cast iron skillet over medium hear and grease with olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken thighs and cook for 6-7 minutes per side, until cooked through. Set aside on a plate or cutting board.
- Add the 2 tbsp of butter to the pan. Once melted, slightly reduce heat and add onion, garlic, carrots, and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and give everything a good stir to coat. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. While cooking, roughly chop the chicken thighs into more bite-sized pieces.
- Add the wine and allow to cook down for 2 minutes, then stir in the broth, heavy cream, and tapioca starch. Stir until the tapioca starch is mixed in well.
- Add the chicken thigh pieces back to the pan along with the Italian seasoning and thyme leaves. Stir everything well, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover the pan with a lid for 20-25 minutes, until veggies are fork tender. Squeeze lemon juice over everything and serve!