Delicious white wine skillet chicken, potatoes, and carrots!
- Olive oil, for the pan
- 6–8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp butter (vegan butter for dairy free)
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 6 small-medium yellow or red potatoes (this was just under 1 lb for me), cubed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup veggie or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (for dairy free, sub a PLAIN unsweetened dairy free creamer)
- 1 tbsp tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4–5 sprigs of fresh thyme, stems removed
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Season the chicken thighs well with salt and pepper. Heat a 10-12 inch cast iron skillet over medium hear and grease with olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken thighs and cook for 6-7 minutes per side, until cooked through. Set aside on a plate or cutting board.
- Add the 2 tbsp of butter to the pan. Once melted, slightly reduce heat and add onion, garlic, carrots, and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and give everything a good stir to coat. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. While cooking, roughly chop the chicken thighs into more bite-sized pieces.
- Add the wine and allow to cook down for 2 minutes, then stir in the broth, heavy cream, and tapioca starch. Stir until the tapioca starch is mixed in well.
- Add the chicken thigh pieces back to the pan along with the Italian seasoning and thyme leaves. Stir everything well, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover the pan with a lid for 20-25 minutes, until veggies are fork tender. Squeeze lemon juice over everything and serve!