The most deliciously addicting little bites! Cookie dough chocolate bark that happens to be gluten free AND vegan! Win win!
Happy happy Monday! I have been a little quiet on here and Instagram, since we are down to the wire with wedding planning on top of it being the holidays!
We spent the entire weekend with family :). On Friday we had a Christmas party and candle exchange with my cousins! It was so fun. Then on Saturday we went to brunch and a showing of “It’s a Wonderful Life” with my parents, siblings, and a bunch of my cousins/aunts and uncles. Fun fact: I have 45 first cousins on my dad’s said. And no that is not a typo! So yea, 50 of us showed up to this movie LOL. Such a good time. Finally, on Sunday we spent the day finalizing our wedding table settings with both of our mom’s– I definitely underestimated how tough making the seating arrangements would be! It’s so hard to fit people into a specific number of seats per table, but we got it all worked out perfectly!
Anyways, I made these cookie dough bark bites for the party on Friday and they were a huge hit! They were soo easy to make and perfect for a holiday party contribution.
You may recognize the cookie dough layer– it’s essentially the dough from my classic walnut oat bars (the best!!) with a tweak here and there. Then all you need is your favorite chocolate or chocolate chips and some flakey sea salt. Never skip the sea salt if you ask me 😉 The best flavor addition.
This chocolate bark is 3 amazing layers of goodness. You would never know it was gluten free or vegan, either! They’re the perfect little decadent bite. Enjoy! xxPrint
Gluten free and vegan cookie dough chocolate bark!
For the 1st chocolate layer:
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate bar or chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the cookie dough layer:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
For the 2nd chocolate layer:
- 1/3 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips*
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Flakey sea salt
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. I find it easiest to tape it down to the sides to lay flat.
- In a microwave or on the stove, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil until melted and smooth. Be careful not to burn!
- Spread the chocolate sauce onto the parchment lined baking dish and set in the freezer to harden.
- Meanwhile, make the cookie dough. Add oats, walnuts, and sea salt to a food processor. Pulse for 15-20 seconds, until a meal forms. While processor is still on, pour in maple syrup, avocado oil, and vanilla extract. Process until a dough forms. This should take 1 minute or less. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil for the top layer the same way as the first layer.
- Remove baking dish with hardened chocolate and spread the cookie dough on top with a rubber spatula. Pour the second layer of chocolate over and sprinkle with flakey sea salt. Set in the freezer to harden. Serve or keep stored in the freezer in an airtight container.
*To keep this vegan, be sure to use vegan chocolate!
* If you want a thicker chocolate layer, use 1/2 cup. I like to use 1/3 cup for a thinner chocolate layer on top!