The best gluten free and vegan buffalo cauliflower wings! Baked, perfectly crispy, and healthy!
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips or gluten free crackers, more if needed
For the batter:
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour (can sub chickpea or all purpose gluten free flour)
- 1/3 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
For the buffalo sauce:
- 1/2 cup your favorite buffalo sauce (sub BBQ sauce if you don’t like spice), more if needed
- 1/2 tbsp vegan butter or regular butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, almond milk, water, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper until very smooth. Prepare tortilla chips in a separate shallow bowl (I like to crush them quickly in a blender, leaving some good crumb).
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter with a fork, letting excess drip off before coating in the tortilla crumbs on all sides. Lay on the parchment-line baking sheet, leaving space in between each floret.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Mix the melted butter with your buffalo sauce, then brush each floret with the sauce all over. If you don’t have a silicone brush, I recommend dipping them in the sauce one at a time with fork. (You don’t want to mix them all together at once with the sauce, or they won’t get as crispy and the breading may fall off).
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, then broil on high for 4-5 minutes. Brush with extra sauce if desired and serve immediately!