If you’re a lemon lover like me (and a sugar cookie lover), say hi to your new favorite treat! These no-bake paleo lemon sugar cookie squares are healthy, super simple, and SO tasty.
This recipe could not be easier, but it leaves you with the most delicious little bites of heaven!! I promise you’ll be hooked. You just toss everything in a food processor, freeze the dough, and voila! Snacks for days 🙂
The base of the bars are raw cashews, for a plant-based and grain free sugar cookie dough. They’re also refined sugar free; they’re made with just a bit of coconut sugar! I basically always have the ingredients for these on hand, so they are about to be a new go-to for sure.
These squares are actually a recipe from my old site. Anyone remember it?! I revamped them just a little bit, but I truly forgot how amazing they are! The flavor and texture are so perfect.
One of my favorite healthy hacks is using yogurt as a “frosting”. You can easily flavor it yourself, and it makes the best creamy addition on top of snacks like this. I used a plain coconut yogurt here, and mixed in some vanilla and lemon. Vanilla bean powder would be perfect in the frosting, too!
I have not made these with any substitutions, and I highly recommend keeping the recipe as is for the best results!
If you give these a try, it means so much if you leave a rating and comment below 🙂 And also a tag on Instagram makes me so happy because I love seeing your creations! Can’t wait for you guys to get hooked on these like I am!
Super simple paleo lemon sugar cookie collagen bars. So delicious and the perfect healthy snack or dessert!
- 1 + 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup collagen powder (I like using vanilla, but plain will work)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 tbsp thick coconut yogurt
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until a smooth dough forms.
- Press the dough into a parchment lined loaf tin, leaving about 1″ of room on each side so that the bars are not spread too thin.
- Freeze for at least 40 minutes-1 hour, then slice into small squares and store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months. If you want to make the frosting, you can store the frosting in the fridge on its own for up to 1 week, or you can frost the bars and keep them in the fridge for up to 1 week.