Super simple, incredibly delicious cashew cream pasta sauce! Silky smooth texture, amazing flavor (you’d never know it’s dairy free, seriously!), and easy to make.
This sauce is made with some cashew cream, and the best part is it leaves you with extra cashew cream to use however you want throughout the week! More tomato sauce, on it’s own as a pasta sauce, or really added to any dish to give it a dairy free creaminess.
Another huge bonus is that this sauce is super versatile. Pictured here with brown rice pasta, but you can use it on veggies, chicken, rice, spaghetti squash, you name it!
I always say, a good sauce is the essential touch to a healthy meal to make it more enjoyable. That’s why I love that you can use this one with basically any dish! So good.
I’m obsessed with this sauce and I know you guys will be too! It’s light, SO creamy, and a new staple in this house. So delicious! You guys know I love my pasta, and its one of my favorite types of recipes to share with you all.
You won’t believe how easy this sauce is, either. Perfect for a weeknight or weekend dinner! Just don’t forget to give your cashews some time to soak (at least 6 hours) so that your sauce can get super smooth and creamy! 🙂
Enjoy! Let me know if you make this by leaving a star rating below, and tagging me on Instagram so I can see! xoxoPrint
Super creamy vegan and paleo-friendly cashew cream tomato sauce. An easy and healthy versatile sauce!
- 1 (25 oz) jar of tomato basil marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (recipe below)
- 1 (12 oz) box of pasta (optional, can be served with anything you like!)
- Pasta water to thin
For the cashew cream:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 6+ hours, drained + rinsed
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Sea salt, to taste
- Make the cashew cream by blending the soaked cashews with the water, garlic, and salt until super smooth.
- Heat the jar of marinara on low until heated through, then stir in 1/2 cup of the cashew cream until smooth and heated through. Add pasta water to thin as needed, 1 tbsp at a time (optional).
- Store leftover cashew cream in an airtight container the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.