The best gluten free and vegan buffalo cauliflower wings! Baked, perfectly crispy, and healthy!
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips or gluten free crackers, more if needed
For the batter:
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour (can sub chickpea or all purpose gluten free flour)
- 1/3 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
For the buffalo sauce:
- 1/2 cup your favorite buffalo sauce (sub BBQ sauce if you don’t like spice), more if needed
- 1/2 tbsp vegan butter or regular butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, almond milk, water, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper until very smooth. Prepare tortilla chips in a separate shallow bowl (I like to crush them quickly in a blender, leaving some good crumb).
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter with a fork, letting excess drip off before coating in the tortilla crumbs on all sides. Lay on the parchment-line baking sheet, leaving space in between each floret.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Mix the melted butter with your buffalo sauce, then brush each floret with the sauce all over. If you don’t have a silicone brush, I recommend dipping them in the sauce one at a time with fork. (You don’t want to mix them all together at once with the sauce, or they won’t get as crispy and the breading may fall off).
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, then broil on high for 4-5 minutes. Brush with extra sauce if desired and serve immediately!
These are AMAZING. The best texture of any cauliflower wing I’ve ever had! I made mine in the air fryer, and they were so easy and delicious!
How long and at what temp?
All of the details and directions can be found in the recipe.
I think she was referrirng to the air fryer. I’d like to know that too!
SO GOOD! Great texture and amazing flavor! I cut up my cauliflower into slightly smaller pieces so I had to thin the batter with a little more almond milk and crush up extra chips to cover all the florets. Curious about the best way to reheat leftovers.
My boyfriend was raving about this, said “this is a great recipe” at least 10 times… even after reheating in the air fryer. Just need a healthy ranch side and you’re set (or put it on salad).
I love that!! Thank you so much, so glad you guys enjoyed it 🙂
So delicious! I flip mine to broil the last 5 minutes so they get extra crispy!
Can you use almond flour or regular white instead of quionoa/chickpea/GF flour?
I used whole wheat flour and these came out great!
Thank you so much for this recipe! Turned out absolutely amazing, made it two days in a row. Whole family loved it, said that it tastes better than actual fried chicken (which is saying a lot). So glad I found your page ????
Very delicious and crispy!! I needed a bit more crushed tortilla chips than the recipe called for, but I think that’s because I cut my florets a little smaller than the photo. Highly recommend!
I made these for the Superbowl and they were a hug hit!!