Ask and you shall receive! I love asking you guys what you’re craving/what recipes you want to see, and every time I ask I get requests for some buffalo cauliflower!
I tried this recipes a few different ways and finally found my favorite method. The secret ingredient? Crushed tortilla chips as the breading!
They’re light and crispy, full of flavor and spice, and incredibly addicting (you’ve been warned!!)
I often crave some good buffalo wings, and these totally hit the spot while sneaking in a veggie! Win win. Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower are so nourishing and packed with fiber. This makes for a really fun and tasty healthier appetizer or side dish! Just note, these are definitely best served fresh for that crispy factory!
If you aren’t a buffalo fan, you can definitely sub your favorite BBQ sauce. This have a good kick, but the spice level will depend on which buffalo sauce you use.
I haven’t tried this in the air fryer yet, but I’m sure they would be delicious and crispy! I just can’t say for sure what the timing will be, but I’ll experiment with that next!
These cauliflower wings are gluten free, vegan, and paleo friendly (quinoa is a seed, not a grain!).
So excited to share this one with you guys- be sure to tag me in your stories on Instagram and leave a rating below if you make these! 🙂 Enjoy!Print
The best gluten free and vegan buffalo cauliflower wings! Baked, perfectly crispy, and healthy!
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips (regular or paleo tortilla chips will work), more if needed
For the batter:
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour (can sub chickpea or all purpose gluten free flour)
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
For the buffalo sauce:
- 1 cup your favorite buffalo sauce (sub BBQ sauce if you don’t like spice)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or regular butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, almond milk, water, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper until very smooth. Prepare tortilla chips in a separate shallow bowl (I like to crush them quickly in a blender, leaving some good crumb).
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter with a fork, letting excess drip off before coating in the tortilla crumbs on all sides. Lay on the parchment-line baking sheet, leaving space in between each floret.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Mix the melted butter with your buffalo sauce, then brush each floret with the sauce all over. If you don’t have a silicone brush, I recommend dipping them in the sauce one at a time with fork. (You don’t want to mix them all together at once with the sauce, or they won’t get as crispy and the breading may fall off).
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, until crispy. Serve immediately and enjoy!