The spicy almond butter sauce i’ve had on repeat! I kept showing this on my Instagram stories, and you guys were so eager for the recipe. So excited to finally share- mostly because it’s so simple to make! I’ve been having this with homemade spring rolls or big noodle bowls. it’s the best flavor and so satisfying!
I really love some good take out. My sister and I are both addicted to Thai food, and I used to order it at least once a week. Now I love making more own healthier versions at home! I find these types of meals to be simple, satisfying, full of flavor, AND easy to load in a bunch of veggies!
For my noodle bowls, I love throwing these ingredients together:
- brown rice noodles
- tofu (pressed for 15 minutes, then cooked in olive oil in a pan over medium heat)
- sautéed green cabbage
- roasted cauliflower
- baby spinach
- bell peppers
- thinly sliced cucumbers (click here for the mandoline slicer i have)
It’s such a simple sauce that takes a meal to the next level. I just love it! you can play around with it and make it thicker with less water or more almond butter, and you can make it as spicy as you like! I recommend a good quality sriracha product made with wholesome ingredients, as some can be filled with junk. I love this brand.
I can’t wait to see what you’re having this sauce with! Enjoy! xxPrint
An incredibly simple almond butter sauce that you can throw on so many different meals! Try this with noodle bowls, over chicken or shrimp, or for dipping spring rolls in!
- 2 tbsp almond butter (sub sunflower seed butter for nut free)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or sub low sodium gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp filtered water
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp siracha (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- dash of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, then whisk with a fork until smooth. Taste and adjust spice and salt to personal preference.