Cozy, hearty, healthy, and flavorful vegan stew. Loaded with so much plant-based goodness, and all you have to is toss everything in a crockpot!
I am so excited to partner with Pomi to bring you this super cozy, nourishing, and easy-to-make lentil + sweet potato stew. I absolutely love the flavor the chopped tomatoes bring to this dish, with all the flavorful veggies and fiber-packed lentils.
I love a good crockpot recipe. once you have the veggies chopped, the crockpot just does the rest of the work for you! Bonus- your house will smell absolutely amazing while this is cooking!
The warming spices used in this dish make it the perfect comfort food for the colder months- I can’t get enough of soups and stews right now!
This recipe is completely vegan and full of nutrients. I love it and I know you will too!
P.S. I just got an Instantpot and I am obsessed! I will be testing this recipe in there ASAP- but let me know if you try it!
Hearty, filling, and nourishing lentil stew. Loaded with sweet potatoes and all the flavor!
- 4 cups broth
- 1– 26 oz carton pomi crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 sweet potatoes (regular or Japanese- I used a mix), diced (option to peel the skins)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Optional: 1/8 tsp cayenne (or more, to preference)
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Optional: serve with a dollop of plain vegan yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, or basil work great).