This might just be the best soup I have ever made. From the flavor, to the texture, the simple ingredients, to the nutrients packed in- it’s all on point!
This ultra creamy, super green broccoli soup is a powerful meal. Broccoli is a cruciferous veggie may help prevent cancer and chronic diseases, and it also has specific compounds that support hormonal health. The dark green kale in this soup also aids in disease prevention (and glowy skin!), and the potatoes help make this soup creamy and satisfying while also providing some vitamins and minerals.
Another star of this soup is the siggi’s yogurt. Since this is a plant-heavy soup, I wanted a protein boost that also adds creaminess – that’s where siggi’s comes in! it’s made with simple ingredients, and the plain yogurt used in this recipe has zero sugars added. I’m a big fan of using siggi’s in my savory dishes for that smooth, creamy texture that can’t be beat!
Both the siggi’s 0% milkfat and 4% milkfat can be used in this recipe- whichever one you prefer and can get your hands on!
This soup is still light, bright, and fresh, while being cozy and nourishing at the same time. I love enjoying this with a toasty piece of hearty bread, and/or topping it with an extra dollop of creamy siggi’s, my dairy free parmesan recipe, and microgreens for a nutrient boost.
Another huge bonus to this soup is that it’s simple and quick. A lot of soup recipes require a more lengthy cook time, but this one can be whipped up after work and ready for dinner in no time.
Say hello to you new favorite soup! Enjoy! XxPrint
Ultra creamy, super green, nutrient-dense broccoli soup! With a splash of yogurt for that silky texture and hard-to-beat flavor.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ of a yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 large potatoes, diced (option to peel, but I love the nutrients from the skin)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2–3 large leaves of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened plain coconut or almond milk (from the carton, not canned if using
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt, more to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper, more to taste
- 1 (5.3 oz) single serve siggi’s plain 0% or 4%
- Heat a large pan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add olive oil, onion, garlic, celery, and potatoes. Stir to coat veggies in oil, then cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add broccoli, kale, vegetable broth, milk of choice, and sea salt and pepper to the pot. Stir to mix well, then allow to cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Check to ensure potatoes are fork tender after 15 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Use a large liquid measuring cup to transfer batches of the soup to a blender (it will take 3-4 batches). Blend until very smooth, then return to pot and scoop out more of the soup, aiming to scoop out the large chunks of veggies and some liquid (it’s ok if some soup that was already blended makes it in!). You will want to do this until about 80% of the soup is smooth and creamy, but some chunks of veggies remain. Alternatively, you could use an immersion blender.
- Once soup is blended, stir in the siggi’s yogurt until well combined. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as desired. Serve or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freezer for up to 4 months.