The best healthy snack/treat you could have stocked in your freezer! I absolutely am obsessed with prepping these for when I need an afternoon snack, a pre-workout bite, or a little sweet treat! They totally satisfy my sweet tooth, even though they are made with super simple and wholesome ingredients.
These are inspired by peppermint mocha bliss balls, with just a few minor changes. And, obviously, I made them into squares instead of balls so they really give you that brownie vibe 🙂
They’re perfectly sweet, chocolatey, and the peppermint and chocolate combo is to die for! Plus, they’re so easy to make.
You’ll just need a food processor to whip these babies up, plus a handful of ingredients, and you’re set!
They’re refined sugar free, vegan, and paleo. I love having a homemade snack like this around rather than store bought processed foods. They leave me feeling energized and focused, rather than weighed down and foggy like some processed foods can make me feel. You feel me?
Anyways, I cannot wait to hear what you guys think of these! I hope you’re all staying healthy and taking care of yourselves, too.
Vegan and paleo peppermint brownie energy bites!
- 1 + 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 6 dates, pits removed
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 serving of vanilla or plain collagen (optional)
- 1.5 tsp peppermint extract (I use this one)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add walnuts to a food processor and pulse into a crumbly meal. Add all other ingredients and process until a pretty smooth dough forms.
- Press the dough into a parchment lined loaf tin, leaving about 1″ of space on either side so that the bars aren’t pressed too thin.
- Set in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before slicing into squares and storing in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.