Paleo broccoli chicken nuggets. Simple, healthy, and delicious!
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into tiny pieces (measure after chopping)
- 1 tbsp olive oil ⠀
- 1 lb ground chicken ⠀
- 1/2 cup paleo cracker crumbs (pulverize crackers in a blender; choose ones with a flavor you love!)⠀
- 1 egg⠀
- 1/2 tsp sea salt ⠀
- 1/2 tsp paprika ⠀
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning ⠀
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder ⠀
- 1/2 tsp onion powder ⠀
- 1/8 tsp black pepper ⠀
For the breading: ⠀
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs ⠀
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning⠀
- 1/4 tsp paprika ⠀
- 1/4 tsp sea salt ⠀
- Dash of black pepper⠀
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.⠀
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the broccoli with the olive oil be a little sea salt for 3-4 minutes, until soft and bright green. Set aside to cool. ⠀
- While broccoli is cooling, mix the breading ingredients together in a shallow bowl. ⠀
- In a large bowl, use clean hands to mix all ingredients for the chicken nuggets (besides the breading ingredients) until well combined. ⠀
- Form the mixture into small balls and line them up on the parchment paper, then dip each nugget into the breading mixture until all sides are coated and shape into nuggets before placing back on the parchment paper.⠀
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until nuggets are cooked through and the bottom side is browned. To reheat leftovers, do so in the oven at 375°F for a few minutes!
10/10!! I love chicken nuggets and probably won’t go back to anything else. These were so easy to make and SO tasty.
So easy & so yummy!! Love that the broccoli is snuck in there.
I love the way many of your recipes introduce vegetables for people who don’t like them just like in this one, because it kind of “hides” them. Very delicious!! ????
Hi Mia, I def want to try and make these for my 2 year old 🙂 Curious, for meal prep, do you recommend to freeze uncooked?
I would cook, freeze, then reheat! 🙂
Hi Mia, do you think that simple mills sea salt crackers can work for breading (I would omit the salt)?