Simple, tasty, and healthy chicken nuggets! I am all about sneaking in those veggies into any dish, and the broccoli in these chicken nuggets is the perfect addition!
These are easy to make, picky eater approved, and can go with any sides or dips you love! I’m all about a good dip situation. Love these with regular old ketchup (I opt for an unsweetened ketchup), or some paleo BBQ sauce! SO good you guys!
These make a great meal prep food, or a simple and fun dinner. Maybe I’m too old for chicken nuggets but I’ll never quit them lol. Too good!
I love Simple Mills or HU Kitchen crackers for this recipe. They make some great flavored paleo crackers, and these will work with any cracker flavor you love! If you aren’t paleo, you could definitely make these with any cracker you love, too!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and nutrient-dense. And so delicious!
Let me know if you guys give these a try! Enjoy! xoPrint
Paleo broccoli chicken nuggets. Simple, healthy, and delicious!
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into tiny pieces (measure after chopping)
- 1 tbsp olive oil ⠀
- 1 lb ground chicken ⠀
- 1/2 cup paleo cracker crumbs (pulverize crackers in a blender; choose ones with a flavor you love!)⠀
- 1 egg⠀
- 1/2 tsp sea salt ⠀
- 1/2 tsp paprika ⠀
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning ⠀
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder ⠀
- 1/2 tsp onion powder ⠀
- 1/8 tsp black pepper ⠀
For the breading: ⠀
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs ⠀
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning⠀
- 1/4 tsp paprika ⠀
- 1/4 tsp sea salt ⠀
- Dash of black pepper⠀
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.⠀
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the broccoli with the olive oil be a little sea salt for 3-4 minutes, until soft and bright green. Set aside to cool. ⠀
- While broccoli is cooling, mix the breading ingredients together in a shallow bowl. ⠀
- In a large bowl, use clean hands to mix all ingredients for the chicken nuggets (besides the breading ingredients) until well combined. ⠀
- Form the mixture into small balls and line them up on the parchment paper, then dip each nugget into the breading mixture until all sides are coated and shape into nuggets before placing back on the parchment paper.⠀
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until nuggets are cooked through and the bottom side is browned. To reheat leftovers, do so in the oven at 375°F for a few minutes!