Say hi to a new favorite cookie around here!! These peanut butter cup cookies are soft + gooey, and honestly taste like they came from a bakery!
They’re gluten free, grain free, can be made dairy free, and are refined sugar free! All while still being incredibly delicious + having the best texture.
I based these off of my famous olive oil cookies, so you know they’re bound to be good! I swapped out the olive oil for butter (or coconut oil) to go with the flavor of the peanut butter cups, and they are so delish.
These are made with almond flour to keep them grain free and gluten free.
I have not had success in making these with any flour substitutions. You are always welcome to experiment, but I cannot guarantee what results you will get. I recommend keeping the recipe as written for the same texture and flavor!
These cookies are super simple to make (they take about 10 minutes to prepare!), and made with ingredients I almost always have on hand. I love having a treat around made with better-for-you ingredients when the sweet tooth hits 🙂
I cannot wait for you guys to make these! Enjoy! xoPrint
Grain free and refined sugar free peanut butter cup cookies!
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter (or sub coconut oil), melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 + 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- ~7-8 peanut butter cups, roughly chopped (regular size, not mini)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter (or coconut oil), coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining dry ingredients (besides the peanut butter cups) and mix until a smooth batter forms. The batter will seem dry at first, but just give it a minute to mix together!
- Scoop the dough out into 12 cookies. Use your hands to gently shape and slightly flatten each cookie. Gently press the chopped peanut butter cups into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 11 minutes, then allow to cool. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.