I have finally created the perfect paleo pizza crust recipe for you guys! Something I have been wanting to create for a long time!
The perfect balance of crunch and softness. The texture is just how I wanted it! Plus, I made it a garlic herb crust for extra flavor. So good!
It’s the perfect cozy dinner at home. I absolutely love making typical take out orders from scratch at home. It’s so rewarding and honestly more enjoyable when you make it fresh in your kitchen!
The crust is made with a base of almond flour and tapioca flour- two of my favorite gluten free flours to bake with! It also uses dairy free yogurt for a delicious texture (if you eat dairy, you can totally use regular Greek style yogurt)! This pizza crust can be kept totally gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and simple. It’s also yeast-free to simplify the process! I am so happy to share it with you all!
I’m a bit of a weirdo and I love making a pizza with just lots of sauce and veggies and no cheese. I know, I know. You can totally judge me lol. When I shared that fact on my Instagram stories, I got a ton of replies with people who agreed, so I’m not alone!
Anyways, you can top this with any toppings you love! That’s the beauty of homemade pizza- it’s an amazing way to use up odds and ends in the refrigerator and have fun with the toppings!
I like to finish mine off with my favorite vegan parmesan sprinkle, which you can find here. It’s the best!
I am so excited to see your pizza creations! Be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see, and leave a rating and comment below if you make this! 🙂 Enjoy!Print
Simple paleo pizza crust! Free of yeast, dairy, gluten, and soy.
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plain unsweetened Greek-style yogurt of choice (for dairy free I use this or this one)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of water (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, tapioca flour, Italian seasonings, garlic, salt, and baking powder until well mixed.
- Mix in the remaining wet ingredients, besides the tbsp of water. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix everything a bit, then use clean hands to knead the dough and get everything well-combined and no crumbs remain. Be patient- it may take a minute or two. If needed, add the tbsp of water.
- Knead until you can form the dough into a smooth ball. If dough is sticky for any reason (depending on the brand of yogurt), sprinkle in a bit of almond flour at a time. Turn turn the ball of dough out between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin (or use a bottle of wine, a big jar, whatever you have!), roll the dough out into about a 12-inch circle about 1/4″ thick.
- Remove the top parchment paper and use your hands to slightly raise the edges of the crust and form into a neater circle.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Add desired toppings and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until toppings and crust are cooked to your preference.