Homemade granola is one of my favorite simple things in life. It is SO delicious, and incredibly easy to make.
This crunchy walnut mix is the most perfect yogurt or smoothie bowl topper- I highly recommend adding it to your weekly meal prep line up! You’ll have a delicious batch of granola made for the next week or two, without all the loads of sugar or additives that can come with store bought blends.
This granola is gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
You’ll only need 1/4 cup of maple syrup for the whole batch, which is way lower in sugar than many store bought options. It’s a subtly sweet granola, just the way I like it! If you want it sweeter, you could always add 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar. But I absolutely love it the way it is!
It is so delicious, and will leave your house smelling even better. It makes a great breakfast addition or the perfect snack. I’ve been loving it with vanilla coconut yogurt, banana slices, and a bit of peanut butter. It adds a satisfying crunch to your bowls 🙂
If you’re looking for a grain free granola option, try this paleo chocolate granola from the blog!
Let me know if you give this one a try! Sending love to you all 🙂Print
Low sugar gluten free and vegan crunchy walnut granola!
- 1 + 1/2 cups gluten free old fashion oats
- 1 (heaping) cup raw walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
Optional for sweeter granola:
- Add 1–2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, walnuts, quinoa, coconut, and sea salt until well mixed.
- Pour the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla into the bowl and use a rubber spatula to mix everything together until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture out onto a large baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 17 minutes, give everything a good stir, and bake for an addition 5-7 minutes until golden but not burnt. Allow to cool completely, then transfer the granola into an airtight container that can be stores on the counter for up to 2 weeks.