Simple paleo pizza crust! Free of yeast, dairy, gluten, and soy.
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour (more, as needed)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plain unsweetened Greek-style yogurt of choice (for dairy free I use this or this one)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of water (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, tapioca flour, Italian seasonings, garlic, salt, and baking powder until well mixed.
- Mix in the remaining wet ingredients, besides the tbsp of water. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix everything a bit, then use clean hands to knead the dough and get everything well-combined and no crumbs remain. Be patient- it may take a minute or two. If dough is very sticky, sprinkle in more almond flour as needed. If dough is dry and hard to incorporate, add the tbsp of water. This will depend on the brand of yogurt used.
- Turn the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle with a little almond flour. Lay another piece of parchment on top of the dough and using a rolling pin (or use a bottle of wine, a big jar, whatever you have!), roll the dough out into about a 12- or 14-inch circle about 1/4″ thick.
- Remove the top parchment paper and use your hands to slightly raise the edges of the crust and form into a neater circle.
- Carefully transfer to a pizza stone or large baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden. Add desired toppings and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until toppings and crust are cooked to your preference.