Simple paleo pizza crust! Free of yeast, dairy, gluten, and soy.
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plain unsweetened Greek-style yogurt of choice (for dairy free I use this or this one)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of water (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, tapioca flour, Italian seasonings, garlic, salt, and baking powder until well mixed.
- Mix in the remaining wet ingredients, besides the tbsp of water. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix everything a bit, then use clean hands to knead the dough and get everything well-combined and no crumbs remain. Be patient- it may take a minute or two. If needed, add the tbsp of water.
- Knead until you can form the dough into a smooth ball. If dough is sticky for any reason (depending on the brand of yogurt), sprinkle in a bit of almond flour at a time. Turn turn the ball of dough out between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin (or use a bottle of wine, a big jar, whatever you have!), roll the dough out into about a 12-inch circle about 1/4″ thick.
- Remove the top parchment paper and use your hands to slightly raise the edges of the crust and form into a neater circle.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Add desired toppings and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until toppings and crust are cooked to your preference.