Hearty, filling, and nourishing lentil stew. Loaded with sweet potatoes and all the flavor!
- 4 cups broth
- 1– 26 oz carton pomi crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 sweet potatoes (regular or Japanese- I used a mix), diced (option to peel the skins)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Optional: 1/8 tsp cayenne (or more, to preference)
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Optional: serve with a dollop of plain vegan yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, or basil work great).