Ok you guys…this just may be my new favorite pasta! You all know I am constantly making new pasta recipes and it’s hard for me to choose a fave, but this dairy free lemon Alfredo is truly restaurant-style. It’s ultra creamy, perfectly lemony and flavorful, and so easy!
I just can’t get over how good it is. Look at that creaminess! It tastes like it has heavy cream in it like traditional Alfredo…you would never know this is dairy free! I do use ghee or butter, but if you need it totally dairy free you van use olive oil!
Pair it with any pasta you love. I used a cauliflower based linguini here that I found at Whole Foods. It was delish! I paired it with shrimp and arugula, but this would also be delicious with salmon, chicken, or chickpeas for a vegetarian option. Toss in any veggies you love or a big side salad and you’re set!
The lemon Alfredo sauce is also paleo friendly, depending what noodle you use if that’s your thing!
I truly think I could eat this every week, multiple times a week. It’s so good! I can’t wait for you guys to try it! I know my fellow pasta lovers will be as hooked on this one as I am 😉
You will need 1/2 cup of cashew cream for this recipe; I’ve included in the recipe how I prep cashew cream. It leaves you with a big batch to use throughout the week (try it in this creamy tomato sauce!), and you can freeze leftovers to thaw at any time.
So, don’t be alarmed when it calls for 2 cups of cashews! You won’t be using all of the cashew cream at once. I LOVE prepping cashew cream and I highly recommend it as a weekly staple!
Be sure to let me know if you give this one a try! I can’t wait to hear what you think! xoPrint
Simple and super creamy cashew cream lemon Alfredo. Dairy free, paleo friendly, and so delicious.
- 4–5 oz of pasta (measured dry)
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (see recipe below)
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 large clove of garlic
- To make the cashew cream, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Note, you will only need 1/2 cup of the cashew cream for this recipe so you will have leftovers!
- Cook your pasta according to directions on box. This makes enough sauce for about 1/2 or so of an 8 oz box of pasta.
- When pasta has a few minutes left, reserve 1/4 cup of the starchy pasta water.
- To make the sauce, heat a skillet over medium-low heat, then add the butter (or olive oil).
- Once butter is melted, reduce heat slightly and stir in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour in the veggie broth and lemon juice and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the cashew cream until smooth, then whisk in the pasta water. Remove from heat.
- Mix sauce with the drained pasta. To thin the sauce, add an extra splash of broth if desired. Best served fresh, but to reheat add a splash of broth and gently heat on the stove.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Leftover cashew cream can be stores in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, and then in the freezer for up to 3 months.
*This makes a large batch of the cashew cream. You will not use all of it for this recipe!