The easiest, simple dessert. Made with healthier ingredients than your average cake, gluten free, and ready in 2 minutes! Yes please!
You guys have been loving this mug cake on Instagram, so I decided to get it up on the blog, too! I can’t get over how easy and delicious it is. This is seriously the best dessert when you’re feeling lazy but have a sweet tooth!
You really can’t go wrong with the peanut butter, banana, and chocolate combo! The flavor is so delish, while still being lower in sugar. This mug cake only needs a handful of easy ingredients, and much less clean up than a full on baking session.
It’s SO delicious! Enjoy! xoPrint
Easy, lower sugar gluten free peanut butter banana mug cake! With melty chocolate chips and a super fluffy texture.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or regular with a dash of vanilla extract)
- Splash of maple syrup (optional- you can leave it out for lower sugar!)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp gluten free all purpose flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- Chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- In a large mug, mash the banana. Whisk in the egg, almond milk, and maple syrup (optional) until smooth.
- Stir in the peanut butter, then stir in the flour, sea salt, and chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 2 minutes- keep an eye on it! It’s ok if it comes up over the top of the mug a little, but if it looks like it is going to spill over then open the microwave door for a second to let it deflate.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!