Simple and super creamy cashew cream lemon Alfredo. Dairy free, paleo friendly, and so delicious.
- 4–5 oz of pasta (measured dry)
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (see recipe below)
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 large clove of garlic
- To make the cashew cream, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Note, you will only need 1/2 cup of the cashew cream for this recipe so you will have leftovers!
- Cook your pasta according to directions on box. This makes enough sauce for about 1/2 or so of an 8 oz box of pasta.
- When pasta has a few minutes left, reserve 1/4 cup of the starchy pasta water.
- To make the sauce, heat a skillet over medium-low heat, then add the butter (or olive oil).
- Once butter is melted, reduce heat slightly and stir in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour in the veggie broth and lemon juice and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the cashew cream until smooth, then whisk in the pasta water. Remove from heat.
- Mix sauce with the drained pasta. To thin the sauce, add an extra splash of broth if desired. Best served fresh, but to reheat add a splash of broth and gently heat on the stove.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Leftover cashew cream can be stores in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, and then in the freezer for up to 3 months.
*This makes a large batch of the cashew cream. You will not use all of it for this recipe!