Inspired by my favoriteee dressing at Sweet Green! The best creamy spicy cashew dressing (paleo and vegan, too)!
If you’ve had the cashew dressing at Sweet Green and are obsessed like I am, this will now be your new favorite recipe. It tastes like the real deal, and it’s easy to make! No soaking of cashew required, as long as you’ve got a high speed blender!
One bite of this and you’ll be hooked!
You just toss everything into a blender, and in a minute or so you’ve got the best ever creamy dressing. The flavor is insane, and it goes so well with so many salads and bowls. Pictures here with some kale and blackened chicken, but you can toss it with any salad, or try it on veggie + rice/quinoa bowls! I love having a batch of this in the fridge at all times. So good!
Homemade dressings are the way to go! It helps to avoid unnecessary additives, weird oils, or any other junk you might find in store bought. This dressing also provides a good source of healthy fat to your meal, making whatever salad or bowl you’re having more filling and satisfying. It’s a flavor win, AND a nutrition win!
I know so many of you have been waiting for me to get this transferred from the old site! Forgive my slowness and thanks for waiting 🙂 You guys are the best!
The best spicy cashew dressing!
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp raw cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (can sub white vinegar)
- 2 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos (can sub soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced or grated
- 1 tsp siracha (more for more spice)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Optional: 1 tsp of red pepper flakes (if you like more spice)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- If dressing is too thick, add up to 2 more tbsp water. Taste and adjust salt/spice level to preference.