The BEST simple summer side dish! I swear this watermelon salad never gets old!
The fresh mint paired with the sweet watermelon and creamy goat cheese or feta, plus the lime dressing, is just out of this world. If you’ve never had this type of salad, just trust me! The flavors just work so perfectly. I just love a non-boring salad, you feel me?!
It’s light, fresh, and super easy to make. It makes for the best BBQ or outdoor party side dish, or a perfect snack for the family! This recipe makes enough for about 4 servings, but you could easily double it!
This is also perfect for those days when it’s just too hot to cook or turn on the oven. In about 10 minutes you’ll have the most refreshing and flavorful salad!
I love a healthy appetizer or side dish that feels super fancy but doesn’t take long to prepare. You just need a handful of ingredients for this salad.
Add this to your list for all of your summer outdoor dining. I can’t wait to hear what you guys think! 🙂
Simple watermelon salad with lime vinaigrette!
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 4 oz goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1.5 limes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Cube and strain your watermelon while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together, then set aside.
- Add the cubed watermelon and fresh mint to a large bowl. Gently toss with the dressing, then transfer to your serving dish and crumble the cheese on top. Serve and enjoy! Best enjoyed fresh.