A new staple side dish, this dairy free creamy coconut lime rice is seriously out of this world!
This recipe was inspired by the #1 recipe on the blog, my creamy turmeric rice! This one takes on a new spin, with coconut, lime, and cilantro. It’s super creamy, full of flavor, and super simple.
I truly could not wait to share this one!!
This rice is SOO creamy, while still being dairy free! It gets the creamy factor from full fat coconut milk (not to be confused with coconut milk from the carton!). You want the full fat version for optimum creaminess and the subtle coconut flavor. So good!!
The fresh lime juice and the cilantro brighten up the flavor of the rice, and make it so perfect for pairing with tacos, beans, veggies, etc.!
I am blown away by how many positive reviews have been left for the creamy turmeric rice, and I have full faith you guys will love this one just as much!! Thank you for taking the time to rate, comment, and share on Instagram when you make these recipes- it means SO much to me.
I whipped this creamy coconut lime rice up on a whim with some easy things I had on hand, and I could not get over how perfect it turned out! From the taste to the texture, this is hands down a new favorite side.
This coconut lime rice is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and just a super nourishing and satisfying recipe. I am obsessed!
Dairy free creamy coconut lime rice! Super creamy and full of flavor!
- 1 + 1/2 cups of uncooked white jasmine rice
- 2 + 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced white or yellow onion
- 2 large cloves of garlic (or 4 small cloves), minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (measure before chopping)
- Start by cooking the rice. In a pot with a lid, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam for an additional 10 minutes.
- While rice is finishing cooking, heat a large skillet with high sides over medium heat. Slightly reduce heat, add the olive oil, then add the onions and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to the lowest setting, then stir in the coconut milk (both the thick part and the liquid part). Let sit on low heat for 5 minutes, then stir in the rice, lime juice, and cilantro until everything is well combined. Remove from heat and enjoy!