The best crunchy cabbage and cucumber salad with peanuts and the most delicious dressing!
When you’re craving a bit of summer in the dead of winter, that’s where a crunchy and flavorful salad comes in to serve with your favorite protein. About this time of winter every year, I get a little bored of what I’m eating. Anyone else? I love my warm soups and cozy chilis, but I just really miss the farmer’s markets and the abundance of produce we get in the warmer months! So I had to change it up a little and this salad was born!
It’s flavorful, crunchy, full of nutrients, and easy to make.
A note on kitchen tools:
One thing you will need for the cucumbers is either a mandoline or a spiralizer. The mandoline I have is linked here – I love this kitchen tool and this one works really well. There is a julienne cut setting- it sort of looks like a zig zag blade. It will give you thinly slides strips of cucumber perfect for this salad. You’ll just want to cut the cucumber into smaller sections before sliding it lengthwise on the mandoline. It’s done in minutes, I promise!
You can shred the cabbage up with a large knife, or in your food processor. I love cabbage because it’s so easy to cut- it takes just a couple minutes to prep the whole head of cabbage!
The dressing that goes with this salad is simple to make, and packed with flavor. It goes perfectly with the crunchy salty peanuts that get mixed in. So delish 🙂
This will sit well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days- making it great for meal prep or as leftovers from dinner! I love this with salmon, tofu, or really any protein you prefer.
Head to this post for my go-to salmon method. It’s the best!! Alternatively, I like to broil on high with avocado oil and some seasonings (smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne- whatever you like!) until cooked to desired doneness.
If you try this salad, be sure to leave a star rating and comment below- it’s super helpful to me 🙂 I appreciate you all so much!
Happy weekend friends! xoPrint
Simple cabbage and cucumber salad with crunchy peanuts!
- 1 small head of cabbage, finely chopped or shredded
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly julienne sliced on a mandoline or spiralized
- 1/2 cup peanuts, dry roasted and salted
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated or finely minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Optional: 2 tsp sesame oil
- Whisk all ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To slice the cucumbers, cut each cucumber into thirds and slide each section lengthwise on a mandoline set to julienne-cut.
- In a large bowl, stir the cabbage, cucumber, and peanuts together. Pour in the dressing and toss until everything is well coated. Serve with your favorite protein and enjoy!