My tried and true, staple salmon recipe!
Basically the only way I ever make salmon! I never really measure much (it’s so easy!), but I wanted to put together some rough estimates for you guys!
The sesame oil and coconut aminos make the most amazing glaze in the pan, which you’ll spoon over the top of the salmon. The result is a super flavorful, crispy salmon. It’s so good, every time!
What you need:
- Avocado oil
- Sesame oil
- Coconut Aminos
- Garlic + onion powder
- Sea salt + pepper
- Red pepper flakes
This is a great recipe to have in your back pocket to throw together with any simple sides- from roasted veggies to fluffy rice or quinoa. You can have dinner ready in 30 minutes or less! We are obsessed!
You can totally play around with the seasonings, and the measurements of the sauce really don’t need to be super exact. You really can’t mess this one up!
We love having this salmon with a side of rice and some broccoli or cauliflower- it’s such a delish and satisfying meal.
This salmon will quickly become one of your weeknight staples once you try it. It’s my absolute favorite way to cook it, and I can’t wait for you guys to try it out!
Simple salmon with a sesame oil and coconut amino glaze! No sugar added, paleo friendly, and delish!
- 2 salmon filets
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Sea salt + pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp avocado oil, divided
- 1–2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Season the salmon with garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and pepper (plus red pepper flakes if you want some spice).
- Heat a cast iron or non stick skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp of the avocado oil. Place the salmon in the pan skin side down, the drizzle the tops of the filets with another 1 tsp avocado oil.
- Allow salmon to cook for 3-4 minutes, then pour the coconut aminos and the sesame oil over the filets and cook for another 2-3 minutes. A glaze will start to form in the pan– use a spoon to spoon the glaze over the tops of the salmon.
- Flip the salmon and cook until desired doneness, about 3-5 minutes.