So excited to share this new recipe with you all! These gluten free, dairy free, lower sugar lemon raspberry yogurt cookies are some of the most delicious little bites I have had in a long time!!
I absolutely love experimenting in the kitchen with lower sugar, healthier treats made with simple ingredients. One of my staple ingredients for these types of recipes is siggi’s yogurt! I love their new plant-based blends- they’re higher in protein than sugar, and the flavor is so great. The raspberry is probably my fave if I had to choose one! I used the raspberry for the base of these cookies for a soft texture, as well as the glaze for a boost of protein and so much flavor.
I love how simple the ingredients are for these cookies. You would never know they were grain free or plant-based! The cookie base is made with almond flour, coconut flour, and tapioca starch. Some of my favorite flours to bake with! These cookies are so soft in the center, and the raspberry citrus flavor is perfect.
These make a great little snack or a healthier dessert. They really do the trick in satisfying your sweet tooth with more wholesome and lower sugar ingredients!
The “glaze” is a simple, low sugar blend of siggi’s plant-based raspberry blend, lemon juice, a touch of honey, and freeze dries raspberries. It is SO good. It is the final touch that really takes the flavor of the cookies to the next level. It is SO good! Once the glaze is on, you’ll store them in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
I can’t wait for you all to try these super soft and light raspberry yogurt cookies! They are so dreamy and I know you’ll love them! Enjoy! xoPrint
Easy and healthy lower sugar raspberry lemon yogurt cookies. Grain free, gluten free, and plant-based!
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter (regular or vegan), melted
- 1/4 cup siggi’s plant-based raspberry blend
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1/3 cup siggi’s plant-based raspberry blend
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 2–3 tbsp crushed freeze dried raspberries
- Lemon zest, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining wet ingredients until smooth, then combine with the dry ingredients until a dough forms.
- Scoop the cookies out into about 1.5 tbsp sized balls, making 16 cookies. Shape the dough with your hands and slightly flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. While baking, mix together the yogurt, lemon, honey, and freeze dried berries for the glaze.
- Once cookies are completely cool, top with the glaze and extra lemon zest. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.