My first ever pie recipe on the blog…and wow will it blow your mind. This no-bake chocolate peanut butter mousse pie is vegan and gluten free, with the easiest cereal crust!
I’ve always been intimidated by pie crust, but I have been wanting to tackle a recipe like this for a long time! SO, this simple cereal crust was born, and the best vegan dessert I have ever made.
The chocolate mousse filling is made with a base of peanut butter and avocado. Yes, avocado! It may sound weird, but you end up with a silky smooth mousse and zero hint of avocado. Trust me on this one!!
It then gets topped with dairy free cool whip (or regular if you don’t need this to be dairy free!) and chocolate shavings for a french silk vibe but with the heavenly combo of peanut butter and chocolate!
This pie is made with better-for-you ingredients than your average pie, plus it is SO simple to make. The prep time is about 20 minutes, and the results are out of this world! Impress your guests with this one, or treat yourself for your birthday or any celebration.
This is about to be a new go-to for me for any gatherings or celebrations. I love providing a healthier treat when I head to parties, and this one is a huge crowd pleaser 🙂 I brought this for our Father’s Day get together this year, and no one could believe it was vegan/gluten free or made with avocado!
Just be sure to stick to the directions for filling the pie to maintain the pie’s crunchiness! I recommend prepping your pie the same day you are going to serve it. Luckily, you don’t need much time at all to whip this up!
The crunchy cereal crust filled with the silk peanut butter chocolate mousse, plus the creamy cool whip topping is truly a combination made in heaven! I know you guys will love this one.
If you give this a try, be sure to leave a rating and comment below to help other readers out! It also means the world to me 🙂
Vegan and gluten free peanut butter chocolate mousse pie. With a quick and easy crunchy cereal crust!
For the Crust
- 1 cup crushed corn flake type cereal (measure after crushing; I used this brand)
- 1/3 cup butter (regular or vegan), melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
For the Filling
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (vanilla or plain)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Good pinch of sea salt
- Dairy free cool whip
- Roughly chopped dark chocolate
- Start by prepping the crust. Mix together the crushed cereal flakes, melted butter, and coconut sugar. Press into a pie dish with hands and/or the bottom of. a measuring cup until the bottom of the dish is covered and the crust comes up on the sides. Set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While crust is setting, prep the filling by blending all ingredients in a blender or food processor until super smooth. Set in the refrigerator separate from the crust until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, fill the crust with the chocolate mousse filling and top with cool whip and chocolate shavings. Use a sharp knife to cut- the first piece may be a little tricky but the rest will come out easily!
- Leftovers can be stores in the fridge, though the crust will lose some of its crunch. It is best served fresh, and not filled until ready to slice and serve!