The best summertime load: gluten free strawberry lemon loaf with a simple strawberry glaze. Truly heaven on a plate!
This loaf is light, fluffy, not overly sweet, and perfectly lemony. Plus, the fresh strawberries make for the best addition within the loaf, as well as on top in the glaze.
The gorgeous pink color doesn’t hurt, either 🙂 I want this on every summer gathering table! It is just too perfect and pretty.
This is something I would order from a bakery, but made right at home 🙂 I cannot get enough!
It’s fluffy, moist, and so easy to make! The simple strawberry glaze is made low sugar by using monk fruit powdered sugar, and it adds the perfect touch to this strawberry lemon loaf. The best summery snack or dessert!
Note: I have not tried this loaf using any other flour substitutions, so I cannot guarantee results. You are always welcome to experiment, but for best results I recommend following the recipe as is!
Be sure not to over bake your loaf, as it will continue to cook slightly while it cools. I recommend checking the loaf with a toothpick at the 45 minute mark!
This loaf is perfect for family parties, summer picnics, or just having around the house for a sweet treat. It is SO delicious!
You guys are going to absolutely love this one. I can;t wait to hear what you think!
Light and fluffy gluten free strawberry lemon loaf with a strawberry glaze!
For the loaf:
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup butter (sub vegan butter or coconut oil for dairy free), melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (skip if your flour blend contains it)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
For the glaze
- 1/3 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup monk fruit powdered sugar*
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a standard loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk in the dry ingredients until a mostly smooth batter forms, then fold in the diced strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf tin. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are ok!).
- While loaf is baking, make the glaze. Mash the strawberries in a bowl, then stir in the powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Allow loaf to completely cool. Transfer to a large plate, then pour the glaze over the top. Slice and serve.
*Note, if you sub regular powdered sugar you may need to adjust the amount. Start with 1/2 cup and add more if needed.