These portobello pizzas are an easy, high protein, veggie packed meal! A current staple of mine for a quick and simple lunch or dinner!
These portobello pizzas are such a great option when you’re craving pizza but want something a bit lighter and made with healthier ingredients. I love my regular pizza now and then, but it’s always nice to have a healthier option when you want it 🙂
This is a great gluten free, grain free, egg free, and nut free healthy pizza option. Plus, they can easily be made dairy free with your favorite vegan cheese! I find that vegan cheese doesn’t always melt as perfectly as regular cheese, but it will still be delicious!
These take about 20 minutes total or less to make! The sauce filling is packed with protein and some hidden veggies for an extra nutrient boost. I love getting a variety of plants on my plate at each meal, and these pizzas alone have 4 different types of veggies in them! Mushrooms, tomatoes, cauliflower rice, and spinach. So many good nutrients in each bite! You won’t even notice the extra veggies snuck in- I promise!
If you’re in a pizza mood but aren’t a big mushroom person, you should try these mini eggplant pizzas from the blog. One of my favorite dinners- I love to serve them with spaghetti on the side and a big side salad! You should also try the paleo pizza crust recipe– it is to die for!
Let me know if you give these mushroom pizzas a try! They are SO delish and I can’t wait for you guys to give them a try! Enjoy! xoPrint
Easy 20 minute portobello pizzas!
For the filling:
- Olive oil, for the pan
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 handful of baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 oz) jar pizza sauce
For the mushroom pizzas:
- 2–6 large portobello mushroom caps*
- Avocado or olive oil spray
- Italian seasonings
- Garlic powder
- Salt + pepper
- 2–6 slices of provolone cheese (1 slice per mushroom)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the filling by heating a pan to medium heat and adding a splash of olive oil. Add your cauliflower rice to the pan, then add your ground chicken and all of the seasonings. Cook, breaking up the chicken, until chicken is no longer pink (about 5-7 minutes). Reduce heat, then stir in your baby spinach and pizza sauce. Turn off heat.
- While filling is cooking, remove the stem from the mushroom caps, then use a damp paper towel to wipe each mushroom clean. Spray both side of the mushroom with avocado or olive oil spray, then season with some garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper.
- Place mushroom caps on your parchment lined baking pan stem side down. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, flip mushrooms, and spoon some of the filling into each cap. Cover with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Broil on high for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned and mushrooms are cooked to your liking. Keep an eye on them so they do not burn! Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
*You can make as many or as few pizzas as you’d like at a time, just save the leftover filling for later (or double it to make more)!