Easy 20 minute portobello pizzas!
For the filling:
- Olive oil, for the pan
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 handful of baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 oz) jar pizza sauce
For the mushroom pizzas:
- 2–6 large portobello mushroom caps*
- Avocado or olive oil spray
- Italian seasonings
- Garlic powder
- Salt + pepper
- 2–6 slices of provolone cheese (1 slice per mushroom)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the filling by heating a pan to medium heat and adding a splash of olive oil. Add your cauliflower rice to the pan, then add your ground chicken and all of the seasonings. Cook, breaking up the chicken, until chicken is no longer pink (about 5-7 minutes). Reduce heat, then stir in your baby spinach and pizza sauce. Turn off heat.
- While filling is cooking, remove the stem from the mushroom caps, then use a damp paper towel to wipe each mushroom clean. Spray both side of the mushroom with avocado or olive oil spray, then season with some garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper.
- Place mushroom caps on your parchment lined baking pan stem side down. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, flip mushrooms, and spoon some of the filling into each cap. Cover with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Broil on high for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned and mushrooms are cooked to your liking. Keep an eye on them so they do not burn! Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
*You can make as many or as few pizzas as you’d like at a time, just save the leftover filling for later (or double it to make more)!
Just made these tonight, very yummy.
This was SUCH a good meal. I meal prepped this by making the filling then all i had to do is pop it in the oven for a quick delicious meal. It is the perfect light meal that leaves you feeling well fed without over doing it.
I made these tonight with portobello mushrooms from the farmers market. They were delicious!! I was able to make 4 pizzas with large portobellos. They are also very filling but also very light. A super easy and quick weeknight meal! I definitely recommend make these!
So good! Will be adding these to our dinner rotation. They also make great leftovers for lunch the next day!