These mini eggplant pizza bites are my new favorite! They’re grain free, gluten free, and can be made dairy free. They are soo delicious!
No breading, no coating, just simple eggplant slices turned into mini pizzas! I love making meals that are elevated/not so boring while still being nourishing and simple. These eggplant pizzas are just that!
I had a couple eggplants from the farmer’s market just waiting to be used up, plus a major pizza craving. So, these mini grain free pizzas were born!
It was super moody and gloomy today when I made these, and the temperature dropped a bit. These ended up being the perfect little cozy dish that I needed!
The toppings can be customized to what you like and have on hand. I kept these dairy free using a vegan cheese, but you can of course use regular cheese!
I served my mini pizzas with my favorite roasted tomato spaghetti and it was the perfect pair! They’re also great with a simple side salad, and a glass of wine if you’re feeling it! 😉
You guys will love these! I can’t wait to hear what toppings you use, and how you like these mini eggplant pizzas! Be sure to let me know in in the comments below with a rating- it’s so helpful to me and other readers 🙂
Mini low carb eggplant pizza bites. Grain free, gluten free, and can be made dairy free!
- 1–2 eggplants, sliced into 1/4” thick rounds
- 1 jar of pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella (dairy free or regular)
- Baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Ground chicken or turkey (cooked in olive oil, garlic, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes)
- Fresh basil
- Any veggies of choice
- Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- Slice the eggplant and line them up on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle salt on each slice then allow to sit for 10 minutes to draw the liquid out.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add toppings of choice, a spoonful of pizza sauce, and a small handful of shredded cheese on each eggplant slice.
- Set the oven to broil on high, and broil for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melty.
- Serve and enjoy!