The best zucchini bread I have ever had. Hands down!! Not to toot my own horn, but I could not get over how delicious this bread turned out!
It’s perfectly soft, moist, just the right amount of sweet, and the best flavor. It’s easy to whip up (no straining of the liquid in the zucchini required!), and essentially a own bowl recipe.
This zucchini bread is gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. I swear I could buy this in a bakery and would never know it’s a healthier version! It’s that good.
This loaf is made with a base of:
- Almond flour
- Oat Flour (or buckwheat flour for paleo- yes buckwheat is a seed, not a grain!)
- Tapioca starch
These are some of my favorite gluten free flours to use for the texture and taste that they yield.
If you aren’t putting a smear of butter on a warm slice of zucchini bread…you’re doing it wrong. Just kidding- I actually loved this loaf on it’s own straight off the counter. But if you want to warm up your slice, a bit of butter on top is the move!
This is the most delicious treat to have with your morning coffee, as a post lunch sweet bite, or as a healthier dessert. So good!
I know zucchini season is just about over…but I think I’ll be making this for the next couple of months at least! It’s without a doubt a new favorite recipe of mine, and Blake said the same thing!
I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on this zucchini bread! You are absolutely going to love it.
Please note, I do not recommend making any substitutions that are not listed in the recipe in order to get the best results. You are always welcome to experiment at your own risk, but changing the flours used in this recipe will result in a different texture and taste!
If you make this bread be sure to leave me a note below, and tag me on Instagram so I can see! 🙂 Enjoy! xoPrint
Gluten free, dairy free, and paleo friendly zucchini bread. Moist, soft, and perfectly sweet zucchini bread!
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/3 cup almond flour*
- 1/3 cup oat flour (sub buckwheat flour for paleo)
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour (aka tapioca starch)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
Optional add ins:
- Chocolate chips
- Walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a standard loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Grate the zucchini into a large bowl, then use 2 paper towels to squeeze out most of the liquid. Whisk the zucchini with the eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir in the remaining dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms, then fold in chocolate chips and/or walnuts if using.
- Pour batter into the parchment-lined loaf tin. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are ok).
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then pick up the loaf by the parchment paper to transfer to a cooling rack to continue to cool completely before slicing. Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
*Please note, I do not recommend making any substitutions that are not listed in the recipe in order to get the best results. You are always welcome to experiment at your own risk, but changing the flours used in this recipe will result in a different texture and taste!