Mini low carb eggplant pizza bites. Grain free, gluten free, and can be made dairy free!
- 1–2 eggplants, sliced into 1/4” thick rounds
- 1 jar of pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella (dairy free or regular)
- Baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Ground chicken or turkey (cooked in olive oil, garlic, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes)
- Fresh basil
- Any veggies of choice
- Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- Slice the eggplant and line them up on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle salt on each slice then allow to sit for 10 minutes to draw the liquid out.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add toppings of choice, a spoonful of pizza sauce, and a small handful of shredded cheese on each eggplant slice.
- Set the oven to broil on high, and broil for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melty.
- Serve and enjoy!