Warm, cozy cinnamon bread with a maple cream cheese glaze. A little slice of heaven for crisp, cool mornings. My favorite 🙂
I’m currently enjoying a slice of this cinnamon bread with a warm cup of coffee as I write this post! I slightly warmed it in the toaster oven and added a bit extra frosting (I made a double batch- highly recommend!). It is so delicious and the perfect cozy treat to get me excited for fall.
This bread is made with gluten free all purpose flour and oat flour for a gluten free, nut free base. I have not tested this with any other types of flours- so experiment at your own risk! I recommend keeping the ingredients as is, without substitutions, for best results 🙂
Also, be sure not to skip the glaze! It is truly so good and adds the perfect sweet touch to the bread.
This loaf is refined sugar free- it’s sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar. It’s also dairy free if needed! And super simple to make. I want to make a loaf every week!
I cannot wait for you all to make a loaf of this cinnamon bread. I highly recommend serving a bit warm, alongside your morning coffee or tea.
As with all loaves, be careful not to over-bake! It will continue to bake a little as it cools, so you don’t want it out dry out too much! Check with a long toothpick/skewer, and remove from the oven when it comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs.
Whip up the frosting while the loaf cools- just remember to let your cream cheese come to room temp on the counter first for easy mixing and spreading.
Please let me know if you try this cinnamon bread! Leaving a rating and comment below is soo helpful to me and other readers- thank you so much! xoPrint
Gluten free and dairy free easy cinnamon loaf with a maple cream cheese frosting!
For the bread
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour*
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend contains it- this is necessary to keep the bread from crumbling)
- 1/2 cup oat flour**
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 + 1/5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1/3 cup softened cream cheese, vegan or regular
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Small splash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a standard loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Mix the milk and apple cider vinegar together and set aside for 5 minutes (this creates a buttermilk).
- Whisk the eggs, avocado oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk in the milk and apple cider vinegar until smooth.
- Whisk in the remaining dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
- Carefully pour the batter into the parchment lined loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a long toothpick or skewer comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are ok!).
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer the load to a cooling rack by picking up the parchment paper. Allow to completely cool.
- Mix the cream cheese frosting ingredients together until smooth. Spread over the loaf once cooled and serve. Tip: I like to make a double batch of the frosting to serve with extra frosting on the side 🙂
*I have not tried this with any other flours (ex: almond flour). I cannot guarantee what the results of the loaf will be when substitutions are made!
** You can make your own oat flour by blending old fashioned oats. Be sure to measure after blending.