I was in need of a new light, summery pasta vibe over here to channel some warmth while we’re stuck inside! This easy and healthy roasted tomato and garlic spaghetti is so simple yet so delicious, plus it’s vegan and gluten free!
The tomatoes and garlic get roasted up to juicy flavorful perfection, and when you mix them with just a few other simple ingredients, you wind up with a delicious, somehow creamy, tomato sauce!
I live for a simple pasta recipe (if you’ve been here awhile you know that)! I am always in awe at how fancy of a meal you can make with just a handful of ingredients. Pasta recipes come the easiest to me, and I love just throwing some of my fave ingredients together for a healthier and delicious pasta.
I used a brown rice spaghetti noodle for this, but you can use your favorite spaghetti! Also, if you aren’t vegan, you could always toss in some parmesan! Yum.
You can serve this as is, or add your favorite protein to it. I also love serving a pasta like this with a big side salad to sneak in some extra veggies and bulk up the meal!
The simpler the better in my book. I don’t like my meals to be boring- I’m such a foodie and love being excited about what I’m eating. However, I still don’t have the patience for meals that take forever to prep.
This is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, or a cozy date night in. It takes about 30 minutes total from start to finish, and you’ll end up with the most delicious pot of pasta. It truly reminds me of a restaurant-quality dish, and something I would totally order off of a menu. It’s so so good!
Let me know below if you give this one a try! Enjoy! xoPrint
Easy vegan and gluten free roasted tomato and garlic spaghetti!
For the tomatoes:⠀
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, rinsed and patted dry ⠀
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced ⠀
- 2 tbsp olive oil ⠀
- Salt and pepper ⠀
For the sauce:⠀
- 2 tbsp olive oil ⠀
- Juice of 1 lemon ⠀
- 1/4 cup tomato paste ⠀
- Pinch of red pepper flakes ⠀
- Salt + pepper ⠀
- 1/4-1/2 cup reserved pasta water ⠀
For the pasta: ⠀
- 12 oz package of spaghetti (gluten free if needed)
- 2 large handful of baby spinach ⠀
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped ⠀
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the garlic, oil, and season well with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking dish (use a spatula to get all of the garlic/seasonings and oil out of the bowl and transferred to the pan).
- Roast tomatoes and garlic for 20 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes.
- Cook your pasta according to directions on box while tomatoes are roasting. I recommend salting your pasta water and cooking to al dente. Before draining pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- In a skillet over medium- low heat, add olive oil, lemon juice, tomato paste, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then pour in 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted tomatoes and all of the juices/oil from the pan. Let cook for 1 minute, then toss with the spaghetti, spinach, and basil. Add extra pasta water as needed to thin out the sauce. serve and enjoy!