If you haven’t noticed, I am all about sheet pan meals lately! They are such an easy and fun way to roast up your entire meal on one tray. This chicken and veggie tray bake with the most delicious green goddess sauce is about to be your new favorite dinner!
With all of that’s going on in the world right now, I’m turning to cooking for lots of comfort and distraction. It seems like so many of you are doing the same, which I absolutely love. Cozy dishes like this simple and healthy tray bake are my go-to currently.
I have to say, the best part about this meal is the delish sauce that goes with it.
The bright and flavorful sauce is made with siggi’s plain skyr—my favorite yogurt to use for savory sauces. All of their yogurts are made with simple ingredients, and contain more protein than sugar. It’s my go-to brand and is always stocked in my refrigerator!
The yogurt sauce is a blend of flavorful green herbs, and it whips up in super quickly in the blender. Huge bonus: you’ll likely have some sauce left over to pair with any salads, veggies for dipping, or really any savory meal that needs a sauce upgrade. So good!
The tray bake is loaded with roasted potatoes, chickpeas, blistered tomatoes, and tender chicken. The flavor combos are perfect, and it’s incredibly easy to make.
Once done roasting, the tray bake gets topped with the green goddess sauce and feta. Enjoy as is or serve over a bowl of greens. It’s such a satisfying and nourishing meal, and a staple recipe to have in your back pocket.
I can’t wait for you all to try this dish! Be sure to let me know below if you give this one a go J Enjoy and stay healthy, friends! XoPrint
Easy chicken and veggie sheet pan meal! Gluten free, healthy, and loaded with flavor.
For the sauce:
- 2/3 cup siggi’s plain 0% or 4% yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- 1–2 cloves of garlic
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Tray Bake
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups of cubed yellow potatoes
- 1.5 lb chicken breast, sliced into strips
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper, divided
- ½ tsp paprika, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder, divided
Feta cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare all of the veggies. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, and potatoes to the tray then toss with juice of ½ of the lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp sea salt, and ¼ tsp of the following: black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Add the sliced chicken to the tray and drizzle with juice of ½ of the lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp sea salt, and ¼ tsp of the following: black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Toss everything once more and spread everything out in a single layer.
- Transfer to oven and roast for 25 minutes. Gently toss everything then roast for another 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender and chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
- While tray bake is in the oven, prepare the green goddess sauce by adding sauce ingredients to a blender and blending until smooth. Set aside in a small bowl.
- When chicken and veggies are done roasting, remove from oven and sprinkle with feta. Serve with green goddess sauce and enjoy!
*Note: leftover green goddess sauce can be stores in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.