One of those easy meals that tastes fancy 🙂 Delicious lime peanut chicken and spaghetti squash!
As usual with my recipes, this one has some hidden veggies packed in! Other than the spaghetti squash, its made with green cabbage, carrots, and green onion for a little nutrient boost! Adding these extra veggies also makes it more filling- while bulking up the meal for leftovers or to feed a bigger group!
You’ll need to first cook the spaghetti squash, but while its baking you can get started on the rest! You’ll prep the sauce, then get the chicken and veggies cooked up.
Everything gets tossed together at the end with the sauce for a delicious and nourishing meal. Can’t forget the extra toppings, either 🙂
This dish is gluten free, dairy free, and grain free. It’s also a great family-friendly meal that even kids and/or picky eaters will enjoy!
Spaghetti squash is one of those staple ingredients we pretty much always have non hand! It’s perfect for simple throw-together meals, or for making something a little fancier like this dish. I personally think it makes the best noodle substitute of all the veggie noodles, and with little fuss!
The flavorful sauce mixed with the chicken and veggies in this dish is absolutely perfect. This makes a great weeknight or weekend meal- it’s simple and has pretty minimal clean up!
Be sure to let me know below if you tried this recipe! I love to hear what you guys think 🙂 Enjoy! xxPrint
Simple lime peanut chicken and spaghetti squash. Gluten free, dairy free, and packed with veggies!
For the spaghetti squash:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- Avocado oil spray
- Sea salt
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup runny peanut butter (smooth or crunchy will work)*
- 2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp sriracha (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
For the chicken:
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- ~ 1.5 lb chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- 5–6 green onions, diced
- Green onion
- Sesame oil (optional)
- Extra limes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Slice the spaghetti squash in half, then spray with avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast, face down on a baking sheet, until tender (typically 35-45 minutes).
- While spaghetti squash is roasting, make the lime peanut sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth; set aside.
- Heat a large pan with high sides over medium heat. Add the avocado oil, then stir in the cubed chicken breasts with all of the seasonings. Cook until chicken is just about finished, about 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, cabbage, and green onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until veggies are soft.
- Stir in peanut sauce and reduce heat to low. Turn off heat if sauce is sticking to the pan. When spaghetti squash is done roasting, shred it with a fork and stir it into the pan. *Depending on the size of your spaghetti squash, you may not use all of it. Start with half of the squash, then slowly add in the second half and eyeball how much you want to add based on how much the sauce is able to cover.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion and peanuts. I like to add a drizzle of sesame oil, but it’s optional! Serve and enjoy!
You’ll want to make sure your peanut butter is runny, otherwise it will be hard to make a smooth sauce out of it.