Almond flour orange chocolate chip muffins! The most amazing gluten free muffin, with a dairy free option, that I truly can’t get enough of!
Happy Thursday friends!! We almost made it to the weekend! I’m getting ready to head out of town this weekend for a wedding, and its just been a busy week in general. But that just means lots of good recipes coming that I’m super excited to share!
I couldn’t wait to get this recipe up (and you guys couldn’t wait either judging by your Instagram messages when I shared them on my story lol). This muffin recipe is inspired by my lemon yogurt cake, an oldie but (very) goodie.
I have been itching to make a goof muffin recipe, and thee turned out exactly how I wanted them! They’re light, fluffy, packed with chocolate chips, and the subtle orange zest flavor is seriously so. good. Trust me! Orange zest + chocolate chips is actually one of my favorite baked good flavor combos, and it’s so underrated! The orange zest is subtle, but adds a really delicious extra flavor. So good 🙂
Another bonus is that these are only lightly sweetened with honey (just 1/3 cup in the whole batter). A wonderful refined sugar free and gluten free option for dessert to have on hand for the week, or to bring with you to a gathering!
I hope you love these as much as I do! Be sure to let me know what you think by leaving a star rating and comment below 🙂 It mean so much!
Perfectly fluffy orange chocolate chip muffins!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 (5.3 oz) single serve vanilla or plain yogurt container, regular or dairy free
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- Juice of 1 large navel orange
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake tin with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients besides the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until smooth. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until well combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 or so to the top.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on the top of each muffin, then gently tap the pan to even out the batter. Bake for 23-34 minutes, until tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to full cool before serving. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.