I’ll take any reason to have cake for breakfast! This light and fluffy lemon breakfast cake is made with siggi’s yogurt and real, wholesome, simple ingredients- just like siggi’s. Plus, siggi’s is high in protein and lower in sugar, giving this cake a nice nutrition boost. I love this yogurt for a simple yogurt bowl, but I love baking with siggi’s even more! It gives things that extra protein boost, but also adds the best creamy texture to anything. The triple cream line is my absolute favorite- it’s soo creamy and every flavor is delicious.
I used the lemon triple cream for this yogurt cake. The cake is subtly sweet, and has the perfect texture. I enjoy this with a big extra dollop of siggi’s for that cool, creamy addition and extra protein in the morning. An extra drizzle of honey doesn’t hurt, either.
The star ingredients of this cake are:
- siggi’s lemon triple cream yogurt
- Almond flour
- Flax seed
- Grass fed butter
It’s easy to throw together, and hard to stop eating. The perfect light lemon flavor for a special treat to start your day with. It’s grain free, gluten free, and sweetened with honey, and provides some good fiber from the almond flour and ground flax. I was so pleased with the way this breakfast cake turned out, and I think you’ll love it too.
I definitely recommend serving it with that dollop of siggi’s- I love using the vanilla flavor on top of the lemon cake for the perfect flavor combo. Add a big cup of coffee and your morning is off on the right foot.Print
Fluffy lemon yogurt breakfast cake! Dense, moist, delicious lower sugar cake!
1 (4-oz) single serve container siggi’s lemon triple cream yogurt
1/3 cup honey, plus more for drizzling
3 tbsp grass fed butter, melted and cooled
2 tsp vanilla extract
Juice of 2 lemons
Zest of 2 lemons
2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch cake dish.
- Whisk together yogurt, eggs, honey, butter, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest until well combined and smooth. Note- you won’t want to leave out the lemon zest, as it adds much of the lemon flavor to the cake.
- Stir in almond flour, ground flax seed, baking soda, and sea salt until well combined. The acidity of the lemon juice will cause the batter to fluff up quite a bit. Let it relax a little, then stir again one last time.
- Spread batter out evenly in cake dish with a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean and the top is slightly browned. Allow to completely cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving. While cake is still cooling, drizzle honey over the top of the cake and let set in.
You can sub in another flavor of siggi’s, like vanilla, though it may change the flavor slightly.