Perfectly fluffy orange chocolate chip muffins!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 (5.3 oz) single serve vanilla or plain yogurt container, regular or dairy free
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- Juice of 1 large navel orange
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake tin with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients besides the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until smooth. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until well combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 or so to the top.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on the top of each muffin, then gently tap the pan to even out the batter. Bake for 23-34 minutes, until tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to full cool before serving. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.