Finally! A plant-based banana bread recipe for you guys- I know so many of you have been waiting for this! Banana bread is one of my very favorite things to bake, and this one has a warm and gooey cinnamon swirl center. Yes please!
The secret ingredient in this delicious dairy free and gluten free loaf is siggi’s vanilla and cinnamon plant-based blend. It keeps the banana bread moist and adds some protein to the batter. Their plant-based blends have more protein than sugar, a huge bonus to the delish blends! The vanilla and cinnamon one is my favorite for baking recipes like this banana bread. As with all of their products, the plant-based line is made with super simple and familiar ingredients which is why I love them!
The gooey cinnamon sugar swirl is the best addition to this perfectly sweet, fluffy loaf! It’s made with oat flour, a huge bonus as a an easy and affordable baking flour!
Some tips for the perfect loaf:
- Make sure your bananas are ripe and spotty! They will lend a sweeter, more moist loaf.
- Allow your banana bread to COMPLETELY cool before slicing for optimum texture.
- I have not tried this with any other types of flours, so I can’t say what results you’ll get!
- Slice and your loaf in an airtight container on the counter once it is completely cooled!
A slice of this cinnamon swirl banana bread was so perfect with a cup of coffee. I actually love toasting up a slice of leftover banana bread and getting it a little crunchy on the outside- anyone else? Plus, you can add a dollop of extra siggi’s on top for some added protein and creaminess to your snack!
I am so excited for you guys to get baking on this one! It is the perfect gluten free and dairy free treat, and the best way to use up those spotty bananas on your counter!Print
Delicious gluten free and dairy free banana bread!
- 3 large ripe and spotty bananas
- 1/2 cup siggi’s vanilla & cinnamon plant-based blend (or sub the regular vanilla and cinnamon yogurt if you don’t need dairy free)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, coconut oil, or vegan butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk of choice + 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (OR sub 2 eggs for the milk and flax seed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + ¾ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
For the cinnamon sugar swirl:
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf tin.
- Mix the 1/3 cup milk with the 2 tbsp of flax seeds and set aside to thicken for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, mash the bananas, then mix in the melted coconut oil or butter, yogurt, coconut sugar, milk and flax seed, and vanilla.
- Stir in the remaining dry ingredients (besides the cinnamon sugar swirl ingredients) and mix into a smooth batter. Be careful not to over mix the batter! It will be thick.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon for the swirl. Set aside.
- Pour about 1/3 of the batter into the loaf tin, then top with about ½ of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Add another 1/3 of the batter and top with the remaining cinnamon sugar, then add the final layer of batter. You can save a little of the mixture to sprinkle on top if you’d like!
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a knife comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes, then gently invert it out of the loaf tin to completely cool before slicing. It’s important to allow the bread to cool to have the best texture! Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter once it is completely cooled.