Delicious gluten free and dairy free banana bread!
- 3 large ripe and spotty bananas
- 1/2 cup siggi’s vanilla & cinnamon plant-based blend (or sub the regular vanilla and cinnamon yogurt if you don’t need dairy free)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, coconut oil, or vegan butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk of choice + 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (OR sub 2 eggs for the milk and flax seed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + ¾ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
For the cinnamon sugar swirl:
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf tin.
- Mix the 1/3 cup milk with the 2 tbsp of flax seeds and set aside to thicken for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, mash the bananas, then mix in the melted coconut oil or butter, yogurt, coconut sugar, milk and flax seed, and vanilla.
- Stir in the remaining dry ingredients (besides the cinnamon sugar swirl ingredients) and mix into a smooth batter. Be careful not to over mix the batter! It will be thick.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon for the swirl. Set aside.
- Pour about 1/3 of the batter into the loaf tin, then top with about ½ of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Add another 1/3 of the batter and top with the remaining cinnamon sugar, then add the final layer of batter. You can save a little of the mixture to sprinkle on top if you’d like!
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a knife comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes, then gently invert it out of the loaf tin to completely cool before slicing. It’s important to allow the bread to cool to have the best texture! Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter once it is completely cooled.