This tasty, simple, and addicting little treat was inspired by a recipe my mom used to make growing up. I made this version a bit healthier and lightened up, but that heavenly combo of cinnamon sugar and cream cheese is all there, packed into a warm little bite!
Did anyone else’s mom make these cream cheese roll ups with white bread and tons of sugar? Man they were AMAZING. I wanted to make a bit healthier version of those, with that nostalgic flavor that I love so much. These totally did the trick and satisfied my craving, plus they were super simple to make!
I kept these gluten free using my favorite paleo tortillas, but you can make these roll ups with any flour-type tortillas you have on hand and love!
The sweet and crunchy outside of these bites with the warm and creamy center is unbeatable. So so delicious. You’ll dip them in a some maple syrup for the perfect sweet treat 🙂
These roll ups can be kept vegan by using vegan cream cheese and vegan butter. I recommend sticking to butter (whether it’s regular, vegan, or ghee) for the pan to get the buttery flavor that really takes these up a notch! If you use an almond or cashew bases cream cheese, these can be kept paleo, too!
This makes 1-2 servings, but you could easily make more if you’re feeding more!
There is nothing better than a quick and easy treat that feels fancy. These definitely do just that! I can’t wait for you guys to try these! xoPrint
Easy and healthier gluten free cinnamon cream cheese roll ups with a vegan and paleo option! Made with tortillas, coconut sugar, cream cheese, and a few other simple ingredients.
- 2 flour tortillas (gluten free, paleo, or regular will work), slightly warmed
- 4–6 tbsp cream cheese (regular or vegan)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tsp of butter (vegan or regular)
- Maple syrup for dipping
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut sugar and the cinnamon. Set aside for the final step.
- Gently warm your tortillas on the stove (just for a couple of seconds to make them more flexible). Spread each tortilla with 2-3 tbsp of cream cheese, covering the whole surface. Sprinkle the cream cheese layer with a good amount of cinnamon and coconut sugar (not from the mixture you made; this will be used later).
- Gently roll the tortillas up tightly, then use a sharp knife to slice into smaller bite-sized roll ups.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat with the butter. Once hot, add the roll ups and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until crispy and slightly golden.
- Dip each roll up in the cinnamon sugar mixture (make sure each piece has some butter on it from the pan to help the mixture stick). Depending on the size of your tortillas, you may need to mix a little more cinnamon and coconut sugar together for coating.
- Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!