The most amazing chocolate banana bread. Based off my absolute favorite classic gluten free banana bread from the blog! This loaf is fluffy, perfectly sweet (but not too sweet!), and made with simple ingredients.
I love a fresh baked good with my morning coffee, and this chocolate banana bread really does the trick for me! The flavor and texture are spot on. You would NEVER know this loaf is gluten free and dairy free! I am obsessed.
I love using a base of almond flour, oat flour, and tapioca flour. I find it gives the perfect soft and light texture to loaves while being more wholesome.
The natural sweetness from the bananas allows this bread to be made with less sugar for a healthier, lightened up spin on classic banana bread. It is so perfect!
I am so excited for you guys to make this one. I know my fellow chocolate lovers and banana bread lovers will absolutely love this! Be sure to let me know in the comments below if you give this banana bread a try 🙂 It means so much to hear from you all!
The best gluten free and dairy free chocolate banana bread!
- 3 ripe, spotty bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (sub butter if you don’t need dairy free)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup (can sub honey)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour/starch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup-1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Whisk in the coconut oil, honey, eggs, milk of choice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour in remaining dry ingredients, and stir until everything is well combined. You can fold the chocolate chips into the batter, or leave them to sprinkle on top.
- Pour batter into lined loaf pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top if you did not fold them into the batter.
- Bake loaf for 70-75 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean (a few moist crumbs are ok). Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then lift by parchment paper to continue cooling on a cooling rack before slicing and serving.