Thick and fluffy gluten free banana bread. Free of any refined sugars and flours, and full of flavor!
- 3 ripe, spotty bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil OR butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour (can sub buckwheat flour)
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour/starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Optional: Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. For muffins, line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana —some chunks left are good!
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Stir mixture into mashed bananas.
- Pour in remaining dry ingredients, and stir until everything is well combined. Stir in walnuts and/or chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan (or cupcake liners).
- Bake loaf for 50-55 minutes (for muffins, only bake for 23-24 minutes!), or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then lift by the parchment paper to continue cooling on a cooling rack. Important: allow to completely cool before slicing.
I have recently made some minor updates to the recipe to make it even better, and to leave out a couple ingredients that ended up not being necessary (ex: the hemp seeds). This is the best version yet 🙂
All of the substitutions I have listed in the recipe are ones I have tested my self. I cannot guarantee results if any other substitutions are made! xo