The best gluten free and dairy free chocolate banana bread!
- 3 ripe, spotty bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (sub butter if you don’t need dairy free)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup (can sub honey)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour/starch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup-1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Whisk in the coconut oil, honey, eggs, milk of choice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour in remaining dry ingredients, and stir until everything is well combined. You can fold the chocolate chips into the batter, or leave them to sprinkle on top.
- Pour batter into lined loaf pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top if you did not fold them into the batter.
- Bake loaf for 70-75 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean (a few moist crumbs are ok). Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then lift by parchment paper to continue cooling on a cooling rack before slicing and serving.