The nostalgia was REAL when I took my first bite of these gluten free pizza rolls. A healthier, easy-to-make, and extremely delicious homemade spin on the old school after school staple.
These gluten free pizza rolls are made using a gluten free tortilla, some pizza sauce, cheese (vegan or regular), and any pizza toppings you like! They make such a good little fun snack, game day bite, or appetizer. I am obsessed!
You’ve been warned: they are ADDICTING. I dipped mine in some pizza sauce, but you can dip them in pesto, cheese sauce, or ranch (if you’re weird like that…just kidding).
I randomly thought of this recipe concept one night before bed. I honestly didn’t expect them to work out so well on the first try, but they were amazing. Perfectly crunch on the outside with a melty cheese and saucy center. SO good!
I know you guys are going to love this healthier spin on pizza rolls! I cannot wait to see you all recreate these- be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see yours!
A healthier and gluten free spin on the old school pizza rolls! Versatile, easy to make, and can be made dairy free!
- 4 gluten free tortillas (flour-style, not corn tortillas! I use these)
- ~1/3 cup pizza sauce, or as needed
- ~1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
Additional topping options:
- Baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Turkey or veggie pepperoni, roughly chopped
- Basil, roughly chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Gently heat each tortilla in the pan on both sides before spreading with pizza sauce, sprinkling with cheese and any additional toppings, and carefully rolling up (try not to overstuff them, or they will easily tear). Place on a plate seam side down until all of the tortillas are stuffed and rolled.
- Add some olive oil to your pan, then place each tortilla in the heated pan seam side down. Spray or drizzle the top side of the tortillas with a little bit more oil.
- Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes, until browned and crispy, before carefully flipping with tongs. Allow to cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and use a sharp knife to cut each tortilla into 3-4 pizza rolls. Serve with desired dipping sauce (optional) and enjoy!