A healthier and gluten free spin on the old school pizza rolls! Versatile, easy to make, and can be made dairy free!
- 4 gluten free tortillas (flour-style, not corn tortillas! I use these)
- ~1/3 cup pizza sauce, or as needed
- ~1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
Additional topping options:
- Baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Turkey or veggie pepperoni, roughly chopped
- Basil, roughly chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Gently heat each tortilla in the pan on both sides before spreading with pizza sauce, sprinkling with cheese and any additional toppings, and carefully rolling up (try not to overstuff them, or they will easily tear). Place on a plate seam side down until all of the tortillas are stuffed and rolled.
- Add some olive oil to your pan, then place each tortilla in the heated pan seam side down. Spray or drizzle the top side of the tortillas with a little bit more oil.
- Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes, until browned and crispy, before carefully flipping with tongs. Allow to cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and use a sharp knife to cut each tortilla into 3-4 pizza rolls. Serve with desired dipping sauce (optional) and enjoy!
Such a quick and easy lunch idea- I added spinach and used dairy free mozzarella. Love the crispiness of the tortillas too!
No picture because mine weren’t that pretty but this was such a genius idea. I made it with the same tortillas, turkey pepperoni, red peppers, spinach, and vegan mozzarella, and my two year old loved it!
Yum!! So happy you loved them Jenn! Thank you so much 🙂