Gluten free vanilla cake loaf with a simple glaze! Perfectly sweet, made with simple ingredients, and can be made dairy free!
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp butter, melted (can sub coconut oil or vegan butter)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla; can sub any milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk of choice, more as as needed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, melted butter, almond milk, vanilla, and almond extract until smooth. Mix in the remaining dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the sprinkles
- Pour batter out evenly into your parchment lined loaf dish. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Use the parchment paper to carefully transfer the loaf to a cooling rack to completely cool before adding your glaze and slicing.
- While loaf is cooling, make your glaze by mixing the ingredients together. Start with 1 tbsp of milk at a time and add more as needed. Pour glaze over the top of the loaf and add sprinkles. Slice and enjoy!
Please note, I have not tried making this with any other flours. You are welcome to experiment, but I cannot guarantee what results you will get!
Oh my gosh… This loaf came out so so so delicious, just the right amount if sweetness, so moist and yummy..
All gone in less than 5 minutes.
This vanilla loaf was so good! Very quick and easy to make too! I will definitely be making this again!
I made the loaf today and it was perfect!