A superr simple chicken (or turkey) chili that’s actually loaded with hidden veggies. The smells that will be going on in your kitchen with this one are enough reason to make it!
This is the perfect bean-free chili with all the flavor, protein, and nutrients. Plus, it only needs to cook for about 35 minutes, and it’s super easy to throw together. I basically have the recipe memorized by now- such a good cold weather staple to have in your back pocket!
We also love to make this for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner. We typically pair it with my gluten free pumpkin corn bread. It’s a must! The first time Blake and I share this meal we both gasped at how delicious the combo was. Cozy Fall heaven!
I am all about sneaking in those extra veggies, and this simple chili recipe definitely does just that. You would never know how many vegetables are packed in!
We served ours up with some organic shredded cheese (feel free to use dairy free cheese), a dollop of plain greek yogurt, and, of course, the pumpkin cornbread! So deliciously simple and nourishing.
I know you guys will love this one! Let me know what you think if you give this chili a try!
Simple paleo chicken (or turkey) chili loaded with veggies for a protein and fiber-packed cozy meal!
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into small pieces
- 1 lb ground chicken (or sub ground turkey)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bag of frozen riced cauliflower
- Heat a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. once hot, add avocado oil and stir in onion and garlic. cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper and zucchini. cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Add ground chicken, sea salt, and all other seasonings, and break up into small pieces and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in cauliflower rice, crushed tomatoes, and vegetable broth. stir and bring back to bubbling, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 35-40 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and/or spice level.