Perfectly soft + fluffy gluten free pumpkin cornbread, perfect for dipping in your chili!
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and generously butter a 9” pie dish or cast iron skillet, or line a cupcake tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, eggs, coconut sugar, butter, and milk of choice.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining dry ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms. Pour into pie dish and use a spatula to evenly smooth the batter out. For muffins, scoop the batter into 12 muffins.
- If you are making this in a pie dish or skillet, bake for 30 minute, or until a toothpick comes out clean. For muffins, bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are slightly golden and toothpick comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are ok). Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with butter and honey or your favorite chili!