Perfectly soft + fluffy gluten free pumpkin cornbread, perfect for dipping in your chili!
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and generously butter a 9” pie dish or cast iron skillet, or line a cupcake tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, eggs, coconut sugar, butter, and milk of choice.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining dry ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms. Pour into pie dish and use a spatula to evenly smooth the batter out. For muffins, scoop the batter into 12 muffins.
- If you are making this in a pie dish or skillet, bake for 30 minute, or until a toothpick comes out clean. For muffins, bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are slightly golden and toothpick comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are ok). Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with butter and honey or your favorite chili!
Hi, could you also make this as muffins? Any different bake time? Thank you for another great recipe!
Never mind, I just saw it!
Can u make these with regular flour? Will the measurements be the same?
Made these in muffin tins and topped with the Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter. Will definitely make again!
Can you make these with vegan butter or ghee for a dairy free option?
Just curious if this is suppose to be a pretty thick batter? Mine was almost too thick to stir and more like dough so I added an extra splash or two of almond milk. Hopefully I didn’t measure something wrong lol. Fingers crossed it still bakes up okay! Loving all of your recipes 😊
We make this recipe a few times each fall and love it! I sometimes use regular flour because we’re not GF and it works really well. My husband loves that it has a touch of pumpkin without being overwhelming. We make it with the Chicken Chili Mia recommends, and paired it with other soups/chili’s too!
Holiday must on our table!!
These are so perfect with any soup or chili!