Simple paleo chicken (or turkey) chili loaded with veggies for a protein and fiber-packed cozy meal!
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into small pieces
- 1 lb ground chicken (or sub ground turkey)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bag of frozen riced cauliflower
- Heat a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. once hot, add avocado oil and stir in onion and garlic. cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper and zucchini. cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Add ground chicken, sea salt, and all other seasonings, and break up into small pieces and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in cauliflower rice, crushed tomatoes, and vegetable broth. stir and bring back to bubbling, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 35-40 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and/or spice level.